Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wordless Wednesday for a More Balanced Week

K's favorite - "tree pose!"


Demonstrating "downward dog" for the class!

Since April (when K was about 18 months), we've been attending a "Yoga Tots" class on Wednesdays at the local library. It took her a few classes to catch on, but now? She's a full blown little yogi. And she loves it. (I do, too!) I'll post more about it another time -- this is supposed to be "wordless Wednesday," after all -- but for now, I thought these pictures were fitting to post. This week has been much better than the last -- things are moving in the right direction on a number of fronts and we're halfway through the week and have had no major tantrums yet (I realize I'm probably jinxing myself here, but. . .)

Things feel good. More balanced. Maybe this yoga thing does work after all ;-)

(For our Michigan readers, check out our wonderful yoga teacher's website HERE!)

5 comments:

  1. How fun! I've never tried yoga b/c I am SOOO not flexible. I used to be called the "tin woman" when we were stretching before track and cross country races.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I wonder if I could find a class like this down here in Atlanta...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy Working Mama: I'm . . . not much better! Even though it's only kids yoga, though, I find that it does help with my flexibility a bit. Poses that (even though they might be modified for toddlers!) were difficult at first are coming more easy now, so -- no complaints here.

    Tara: I was kind of shocked when I found it here where I live, actually! It's a small town of about 8,000 people in a rural area of the Midwest. I hope you can find something like it if you're interested. (I really do plan on writing about it more in-depth soon. It's been wonderful for us, and K absolutely loves it. Plus, it's hilarious to have a toddler randomly do yoga poses as she goes about her day!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed you're in Hillsdale. My alma mater is right up the road about 20 miles-- Albion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perplexio: Small world! My dad actually went to school there, too (though I suspect that was a few years before you. . . )

    ReplyDelete

Please consider leaving a comment and saying hello!